Firelands Regional Medical Center has a long-standing record of top performance as compared to all hospitals in the nation. To demonstrate this quality of healthcare, Healthgrades has recognized Firelands Regional Medical Center in the following areas for spine surgery and orthopedic surgery:
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery for 5 years in a row (2013-2017)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Spine Surgery Excellence Award™ for 5 years in a row (2013-2017)
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for spine surgery for 5 years in a row (2013-2017)
- Five-Star recipient for back surgery in 2017
- Five-Star recipient for spinal fusion surgery for 12 years in a row (2006-2017)
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery in 2017
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award for 2 years in a row (2016-2017)
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for overall orthopedic services in 2017
- Five-Star recipient for hip fracture treatment for 8 years in a row (2010-2017)
These rankings compared Firelands Regional Medical Center to all hospitals in the State of Ohio and nearly 4,500 hospitals nationally.
The Healthgrades study of hospital quality indicates that patients admitted to hospitals performing at a five-star level and using top-performing physicians have significantly lower mortality and complication rates than hospitals performing at a one-star level.
The complete Healthgrades 2017 Report to the Nation includes detailed cohort-specific outcomes data, hospital-specific quality achievements, and detailed study methodology.