Behavioral Health Services
Addiction Treatment & Mental Hospital Services in Ohio
Health isn’t just physical. Mental health is crucial for overall well-being. More than 42 million Americans suffer from some type of mental illness, and more than 19 million have a substance abuse problem.
Whether it’s depression, anxiety, drug and alcohol abuse, or some other issue, Firelands Regional Medical Center’s Counseling & Recovery Services provides a full spectrum of mental health and substance abuse treatment in Ohio. Our Behavioral Health program is the largest hospital-based program of its kind in the state, and our 34-bed inpatient psychiatric unit and counseling and recovery services provide care to individuals in seven Ohio counties: Erie, Huron, Lorain, Ottawa, Seneca, Sandusky and Wyandot.
Firelands provides behavioral health services to northern Ohioans with these conditions, including but not limited to:
- Anxiety disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating disorders
- Substance abuse
When you turn to us for help, a licensed professional will guide you or your loved one through a complete assessment to help identify the most challenging problems and then work with you to create an individualized mental health, drug or alcohol treatment plan to work through those problems. Based on that plan, you or your loved one may benefit from either inpatient services or outpatient services.
Mental Health & Addiction Care When & Where You Need It – Close to Home
Mental health problems and drug and/or alcohol addictions are something any person can face – and many of us do. In fact, half of all Americans will experience mental illness over the course of their lifetime. In those situations, our Firelands family is ready to care for you or your loved one.
Here is what we can offer you:
Counseling Hotline & Mental Health Treatment
- Firelands Counseling and Recovery Services is the only 24/7/365 crisis and mental illness hotline handling 22,038 calls in 2016 for mental health and substance abuse in a 7 county region in partnership with the Mental Health Boards in those counties.
- Access to crisis intervention services available through Firelands Counseling and Recovery Services outpatient offices during business hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) Monday through Friday. These services can also be accessed through the Hotline (800-826-1306) at any time.
- Firelands is the largest provider of mental health and addiction services in a seven county area and the largest “hospital based” program in the State of Ohio.
- Firelands Counseling & Recovery Services counselors provide a minimum of 64 hours per week of services at two area detention homes working directly with youth who have addiction and mental health issues.
Call the crisis and counseling hotline at 800-826-1306.
Alcohol & Drug Treatment
- Firelands Counseling & Recovery Services has been recognized by the Huron County Board of Mental Health and Addiction Services in their Annual Report for achieving a 57 percent success rate in the treatment of people with addictions which is double the 29 percent state average of successful outcomes achieved by all Ohio providers.
- Firelands Counseling & Recovery Services was characterized as an “elite” provider of addiction and mental health services in our most recent accreditation visit in 2016 by the Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities.
Learn more about our alcohol and drug treatment services.
- Firelands provides a 34-bed in-patient psychiatric unit, admitting over 1600 area residents annually - approximately 59 percent have secondary diagnoses that include addiction.
- Firelands treats people with addictions in ALL of its programs and departments, including: the emergency room, inpatient, outpatient, psychiatric unit and even the Center for Women and Newborns.
Learn more about our inpatient care.
Outpatient Treatment Locations
In 2016, Firelands Counseling & Recovery Services treated 151,342 patients for behavioral health issues in our outpatient settings.
- Firelands Counseling & Recovery Services has 11 outpatient locations across 7 counties providing Mental Health and Chemical Dependency services. We are also co-located on the medical campuses of Firelands Regional Medical Center in Sandusky, Fisher-Titus Medical Center in Norwalk, Bellevue Hospital in Bellevue, and Mercy Willard Hospital in Willard.
- Firelands provides outpatient behavioral health treatment in nine emergency rooms, 38 schools, six county jails, two health departments, and two detention homes.
Find a behavioral health treatment location near you.
If you have questions about our behavioral health services or would like more information, contact us at 419-557-5177 today.