Why Apply to a Firelands Regional Medical Center Job?
Whether you’re looking for jobs in Fremont, Ohio, or places hiring in Sandusky, or anywhere in between, at Firelands Regional Medical Center, we want you to feel like you have more than just a job. We want you to feel like you have a career with us. That’s why when we designed our benefits packages, we kept you in mind so you can make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle.
We know that “compensation” is more than a paycheck and there are other factors you may be considering when searching for a new career. Among careers in Sandusky, Ohio, you can expect significant short-, mid-, and long-term financial rewards connected to a career with Firelands Regional Medical Center. You will find that compensation is a competitive total rewards package designed to support you with immediate and long-term financial benefits and other rewards to help provide for your overall financial, professional, and personal well-being.
Benefits Designed for You
Benefits offered with Firelands Regional Medical Center include:
Having a work-life balance is important and we understand that can be a challenge at times. That's why at Firelands, you will find support to help you manage your personal life while building a career at Firelands.
- “Rich” health insurance plan
- Health Savings Account
- Prescription Drug Program Coverage
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Life & Disability
- Employer sponsored Term Life Insurance
- Employer sponsored Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Whole Life Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Care Insurance
- Accident Insurance
Other Insurance Options
- Automobile and Home Owners Insurance
Health & Wellness
- On-site HealthCARE Clinic located at Firelands Main Campus that provides treatment of minor illnesses and injuries to all employees during work hours
- Online wellness services provided by Medical Mutual of Ohio to help employees enhance their personal health, well-being and more.
- Yearly wellness challenges to promote healthy lifestyles.
- Free Annual Health Screening
- Free Flu Shots
- Discounted Pneumonia Vaccine
- On-site Fitness Center at Firelands Main Campus & Discounts for other facilities
- Family Resources
- Privacy Rooms-at most locations that are dedicated rooms for nursing mothers.
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Floating Holiday Time
- Recognition of 6 National Holidays
- Bereavement Pay
- Jury Duty Pay
- Family Medical Leave (FMLA)
- In-House/On-Site Pharmacy located at Firelands Main Campus
- Discount Guide for Local Establishments
- Shift & Weekend Differential
- Employee Assistance Program
- Success Sharing Program
- Payroll Deduction for Cafeteria, Gift Shop and Pharmacy
- Clinical Ladder for Nursing Team Members
- Monthly Employee Events
- Helping Hands Funds (designed for employees in a crisis)
- Referral Bonuses
- Travel & Seminar Reimbursement
- Stein Scholarship for Dependents & Spouses
- Free On-Site Classes for CPR, EKG, First Aid & Medical Terminology
- On-Site CEUs Classes
- Tuition Reimbursement
Firelands Regional Medical Center currently offers sign-on bonuses for designated positions throughout Firelands Regional Health System. Each of our current sign-on bonus offerings are listed.
Payout award structures vary based on position, however, are paid out in correlation with our sign-on and/or bonus policies.
$2,500 Sign-on Bonus
- Behavioral Health Home Based Therapist (LISW/LPCC)
- Behavioral Health Therapist (LISW or LPCC)
- Behavioral Health SBIRT Therapist (LISW or LPCC)
- Bio Med Technician
- Critical Care RNs
- Emergency Room RNs
- Firelands Physician Group, Certified/Registered MA
- Firelands Physician Group, Licensed Practical Nurse
- Firelands Physician Group, Practice Operations Manager
- Firelands Physician Group, Scribe
- Firelands Physician Group, Senior Practice Operations Manager
- Medical/Surgical RNs
- Medical Technologist
- Pediatric RNs
- Psychiatric Unit RNs
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus
- Behavioral Health, Nurse Practitioner
Student Loan Repayment Programs for Recent Graduates
Firelands Regional Medical Center offers loan repayment programs for those joining us in the nursing and behavioral health fields:
- Firelands Student Loan Repayment Program – Firelands Regional Medical Center offers an interest-free student loan repayment program up to a maximum of $6,000 to qualified, newly hired employees accepting part-time or full-time employment as a Registered Nurse or behavioral health professional. For more information, please call Human Resources at 419-557-7450.
- NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program – NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program offers assistance to Registered Nurses and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses. Program participants will receive 60 percent of their total outstanding qualifying educational loan balance incurred while pursuing an education in nursing in exchange for a 2-year service commitment. Qualifying participants may receive an additional 25 percent of their original loan balance for a third year of service. For more information, please visit hrsa.gov/loanscholarships/repayment/nursing.
For more information about our careers in Sandusky, Ohio or working at Firelands Regional Medical Center, contact one of our recruiters at 419-557-7450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.