The volunteers at Firelands Regional Medical Center are essential members of our healthcare team, dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to our patients and the community.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Satisfaction and self-fulfillment in helping others.
- Develop new friendships.
- Use your skills and talents.
- Reduce stress and enhance your health by keeping active.
A sample of volunteer positions currently available at Firelands Regional Medical Center is listed below. New positions are continually added. Suggestions are welcome.
- Gift shops: The Firelands Auxiliary manages three gift shops and needs volunteers as salespersons and cashiers, and for stocking and data entry.
- Information Desk—main and south campuses: Volunteers are essential at the information desk as they assist patients and visitors, deliver flowers and mail, and help transport guests.
- Patient and guest relations: Volunteers assist staff on nursing floors by offering assistance with nonmedical needs.
- Clerical assistance, special projects: Volunteers are always needed to help departments with typing, filing, data entry and phone reception services. Special projects and events are often staffed by volunteer assistance.
- Department assistance: Many departments find volunteers beneficial. Pharmacy, dietary, physical therapy, and central scheduling are just a few who benefit from volunteers.
- General interest in the hospital and service to the organization
- Minimum age of 14 (or 9th grade)
- Commitment to a regular schedule, minimum 50 hours or three (3) months
- Background check
- TB test