University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center at Firelands Regional Medical Center provides cancer patients and their families with hope. Designed from a holistic perspective, the University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center at Firelands artfully merges the most advanced approaches to the treatment of cancer with a beautiful healing environment.
University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center at Firelands looks at cancer and its treatment through the eyes of the patient. Patients find that the location of the center, which is internally connected to the main hospital, is an added benefit to their cancer care.
The center's design makes it easy for patients and families to find the different treatment and support areas. Patient waiting areas are in close proximity to treatments, and the examination rooms and treatment areas are designed to protect and respect patient privacy.
Our oncologists treat a broad range of conditions, including:
- Blood disorders
- Coagulation disorders
- Diseases affecting bone marrow, including anemias
- Head and neck
- Central nervous system
Firelands Regional Medical Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and our Radiation Oncology Department is accredited by the American College of Radiology American Society for Radiation Oncology.
University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center at Firelands plays an integral role in meeting the quality standards to maintain this accreditation.
- Excellent staff in the chemo infusion department.
- Dr. Mersiha Hadziahmetovic was excellent! She explained very clearly what I wanted to know.
- Very well organized! Thank you!
- I had no complaints and no pain.
- Everyone was very professional! Thank you!
- Always a good experience.
- Excellent nurses.
- The staff is very respectful and courteous.
- It was made as easy as possible.
- Everyone was outstanding
- Great caring people!
- It is like everything with Firelands - 100% top notch. The best medical center I have ever seen.
- The staff at the cancer center are great. I recommend it to everyone.
- They made a horrible time in my life seem not so bad. I felt safe and sure of my care.
- Everyone was very nice, helpful and informative.
- It's such a comfort to have a phone number to call 24/7 and to know that someone will always respond to my slightest concern.
- Very hard working and professional staff.
- I have a lot of confidence in Dr. Rashid. He is open to any questions and doesn't hesitate to discuss my concerns. Great doctor! We felt very confident and comfortable when we left.
- Wonderful staff, always helpful, always quick to respond to any concerns or phone calls.
- All experience was very very good.