Firelands Regional Medical Center has a long-standing record of top performance as compared to all hospitals in the nation. To demonstrate this quality of healthcare, Healthgrades has recognized Firelands Regional Medical Center in the following areas for spine surgery and orthopedic surgery:
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery™ for 6 Years in a Row (2013-2018)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Spine Surgery Excellence Award™ for 6 Years in a Row (2013-2018)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Spine Surgery for 6 Years in a Row (2013-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for 13 Years in a Row (2006-2018)
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery™ for 2 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ for 3 Years in a Row (2016-2018)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services for 3 Years in a Row (2016-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement in 2018
- Five-Star Recipient for Back Surgery for 2 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 9 Years in a Row (2010-2018)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety in 2017
These rankings compared Firelands Regional Medical Center to all hospitals in the State of Ohio and nearly 4,500 hospitals nationally.
The Healthgrades study of hospital quality indicates that patients admitted to hospitals performing at a five-star level and using top-performing physicians have significantly lower mortality and complication rates than hospitals performing at a one-star level.
The complete Healthgrades 2018 Report to the Nation and detailed study methodology can be found at www.healthgrades.com/quality.
Erie County Health Assessment
The Erie County Health Department in collaboration with other public health system partners in the county, such as Firelands Regional Medical Center, and the Hospital Council of Northwest Ohio have now completed a comprehensive health assessment for our community.