Marta Bringhurst, DO, Elected as Chair of Postgraduate American Academy of Osteopathy
(April 14, 2017 – Sandusky, Ohio) Firelands Regional Medical Center’s Marta Bringhurst, DO, PGY2, Family Medicine Resident, was recently elected as the Chair of the Postgraduate American Academy of Osteopathy (PAAO). In her position, she will serve as the resident representative on the AAO’s board of trustees.
The purpose of the PAAO is to:
- Promote utilization and continued education of osteopathic principles and practice (OPP) in postgraduate training programs
- Provide a network for interns and residents interested in OPP
- Identify interns and residents at the annual AAO Convocation
- Provide a platform for interns' and residents' issues at the AAO
- Provide AAO representation for interns and residents at the AOA level
The American Academy of Osteopathy is an osteopathic medical society with a focused educational mission. Founded in 1937, the AAO was established to teach, advocate and research the science, art and philosophy of osteopathic medicine, emphasizing the integration of osteopathic principles, practices and manipulative treatment in patient care.
Dr. Bringhurst is a member of the Family Medicine Residency program at Firelands Regional Medical Center. Firelands offers a total of three medical education programs – Family Medicine Residency, Traditional Rotating Internship, and Hospice and Pallitative Medicine Fellowship – all of which are designed to provide resident physicians with superb clinical medical education.
Learn more about the medical education programs at Firelands Regional Medical Center today.
For more information, contact the Marketing Department.