Tursky Resigns from Firelands Regional Health System
(December 27, 2017 – Sandusky, Ohio) Martin Tursky, president and CEO of Firelands Regional Health System, has turned in his resignation, effective December 31, 2017, to pursue new healthcare opportunities.
Tursky joined Firelands as president and CEO in June 2012. During his 5 ½ years with Firelands, through Tursky’s leadership there is a lengthy list of accomplishments, most notably including:
- Acquisition of the Imaging Center, Women’s Imaging Center, Urgent Care, and Occupational Health Center service lines formerly operated by Northern Ohio Medical Specialists (NOMS)
- Establishment of an Urgent Care location in Clyde in conjunction with The Bellevue Hospital, serving the healthcare needs of residents in the Clyde, Bellevue, Fremont, and surrounding areas
- Renovation and relocation of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center, providing better care and quicker service to our patients
- Renovation of the Center for Women & Newborns, providing female-focused care to women of all ages; including prenatal and childbirth care to recovery from gynecological and other surgeries unique to women
- Upgrading of Firelands’ electronic health record system to Meditech 6.1, a web-based, automated electronic health record that connects care across all settings, enabling clinicians to provide higher quality care, with greater efficiency, to more people
“We wish Martin well in his future endeavors,” said John O. Bacon, chairman of the board of directors for Firelands Regional Medical Center. “We are appreciative of Martin’s commitment to Firelands and for all that he has done for the Health System in his time with us.”
During the period of transition, the following administrative team members will assume the role and responsibilities of the President and CEO:
- Daniel Moncher, executive vice president and CFO, who joined Firelands Regional Medical Center in 1997
- Robert Moore, vice president of legal services, who has been representing Firelands Regional Health System for over 30 years
- Beverly Schrickel, vice president and CNO, who has been with Firelands since 1979
The Board of Directors for Firelands Regional Medical Center in January 2018 will begin the search for a new President and CEO at Firelands Regional Medical Center.