Upcoming Fashion Event Benefits Local Mammogram and Breast Cancer Fund, Brings Hope to Thousands
(August 26, 2017 - Sandusky, OH) Fashion Week, Sandusky Style, one of The Foundation for Firelands’ most popular events which takes place every September, has raised funds to help more than 1,000 area residents affected by breast cancer. Those funds include more than $800,000 towards breast health services since its inception, and this year is expected to build upon that success.
Fashion Week, Sandusky Style has impacted the lives of many, including:
- 200+ women received mammograms to screen and detect breast cancer
- 78 women received ultrasounds
- 2 women received complete breast cancer treatments
- 17 breast cancer patients received mastectomies and surgical procedures
- 125 patients received massage therapy and acupuncture to help with the side effects of chemotherapy
- 580 patients and their families received nutrition and transportation assistance
You can be a part of that impact. The fun begins at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 28 at Plum Brook Country Club, 3712 Galloway Road, Sandusky. Sponsored by Mathews Ford, the theme for this year’s event is “Diamonds for Hope”. Guest appearances will include Jone Pence and Dale Muegenburg from the book “The Necklace” by Cheryl Jarvis. For $135 per person, entry includes dinner and a full open bar, stand-up space at high top tables, free valet parking and a tax deductible donation. Reserved table seating is available for an additional $40 per person. White attire is encouraged.
As you mingle with friends from the community, enjoy the exciting live and silent auction items featuring everything from fantastic culinary experiences to unforgettable weeklong and weekend getaways. A sampling of the live auction items includes:
- Beautiful home décor pieces
- Spa gift certificates
- Local dining gift certificates
- A 5-night stay at a luxurious beach house in Ventura, California
- A private party including dinner for 100 people at Small City Tap House’s new addition, “SpeakLOUD”
- A homemade San Marinian dinner for 12 donated by Jerry and Shannon Guerra
- A Sunday Funday party on the patio at Manny’s Sports Bar with Chef Marcy Manion
- And more
Don’t miss the highlight of the night: a high-energy runway fashion show; all while helping hundreds of area residents get the breast cancer testing and care they need.
Last year, the event raised a record-breaking $129,000 for The Foundation for Firelands Mammogram and Breast Cancer Fund, which recently funded the purchase of 3D mammography equipment at Firelands Regional Medical Center. This equipment helps physicians detect breast cancer at earlier stages and save more lives. Back for its ninth year, Fashion Week, Sandusky Style benefits area residents in need of breast health services like mammograms, diagnostic screenings, medications during treatment and support for patients and families going through a breast cancer diagnosis.
“Fashion Week, Sandusky Style is great because while you’re having fun and enjoying the event, you’re also helping to save lives of people who live in your community,” says Laura Criscione, Development Officer at The Foundation for Firelands. “One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer during their lifetime, and this is a way to help those women access the breast healthcare they need, all while having a fantastic time.”
Sponsors helping to make this event possible include Mathews Ford; Lewco, Inc.; the Firelands Regional Medical Center Auxiliary; Navin Haffty & Associates; and Nuance.
Space is limited. To purchase tickets for this highly-anticipated event, visit foundationforfirelands.com/fashionweek or call The Foundation for Firelands at 419-557-7150.