Firelands Regional Medical Center Looking for Volunteers
(January 10, 2018 – Sandusky, Ohio) Are you looking to spend your time in a way that gives back to others? Consider volunteering at Firelands Regional Medical Center, where your time and talents will be appreciated.
Volunteering can provide satisfaction and self-fulfillment from helping others, new friendships, reduced stress, enhanced health, and a great use of your skills and talents. A sample of volunteer positions currently available at Firelands Regional Medical Center is listed below. New positions are continually added, and suggestions are welcome.
- Patient and guest relations: Volunteers assist staff on nursing floors by offering assistance with nonmedical needs.
- Gift shops: The Firelands Auxiliary manages three gift shops and needs volunteers as salespersons and cashiers, and for stocking and data entry.
- Information Desk—main and south campuses: Volunteers are essential at the information desk as they assist patients and visitors, deliver flowers and mail, and help transport guests.
- Clerical assistance, special projects: Volunteers are always needed to help departments with typing, filing, data entry and phone reception services. Special projects and events are often staffed by volunteer assistance.
- Department assistance: Many departments find volunteers beneficial. Pharmacy, dietary, physical therapy, and central scheduling are just a few who benefit from volunteers.
- Hands and Hearts from Home: Recognizing the many talents of our community members, volunteers are needed in providing handmade items such as hats, gloves, scarves, blankets and post-surgical pillows as well as providing donations of current magazines, puzzle books and other reading material. Please contact Volunteer Services for complete details.
Volunteers range from high school and college students, to employed professionals, to retirees. As a volunteer, you will be able to schedule times that fit into your lifestyle.
For more information on Firelands Regional Medical Center’s volunteer program, call 419-557-7460 or find more details online today.