Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing Graduates 24
(May 15, 2018 – Sandusky, Ohio) Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing celebrated their 101th commencement exercise at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in which 24 students graduated.
Father Joe Steinbauer celebrated the Baccalaureate Ceremony and performed the Blessing of the Hands. Patricia S. Martin, MOD, BSN, RN, FACHE, vice president, Quality and Patient Satisfaction, Firelands Regional Medical Center, welcomed the graduates and families and acted as Master of Ceremonies. Opening comments were also presented by Patricia Martin and Holly J. Price, MSN, RN, CNE, ANEF, director, Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing, also addressed the graduating class.
Dawn Wikel, MSN, RN, CNE, ANEF, assistant director, Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing, presented the graduates and Holly Price presented the nursing pins. Thomas Routh, chairman, Board of Directors, Firelands Regional Medical Center, and John O. Bacon, vice-chairman, Board of Directors, conferred the diplomas. Mr. Bacon presented the following awards:
- The Exemplary Attendance Award was given to Cayla Bess, Taylor Ferrell, Brooke Green, Courtney Jones, Ashley Kraft, Kimberlee Lipstraw, Joshua Lukas, and Rokya Miller for exemplary attendance for their entire enrollment.
- The Father Peter Brickner Award for the graduate who best-exhibited Christian principles in daily life was presented to Jacob Mitnik.
- Jolene Felder received the Excellence in Nursing Award. This award is presented to the graduate(s) who demonstrated outstanding ability in the care of patients and consistently acts as a patient advocate.
- The Providence Hospital/Firelands Regional Medical Center Schools of Nursing Alumni Award was given to Stephen Behrens and Courtney Jones. The Alumni Award is given to the graduate(s) who exhibits outstanding kindness and consideration in the nursing care of patients.
- The Scholarship Award was given to Kristen Buder for having the highest cumulative grade point average.
- Kristen Buder was also presented with the Dorothy Rigoni Clinical Practice Award. Award recipient(s) are selected by the faculty and are those who have demonstrated outstanding patient teaching and nursing care of the obstetrical patient.
- The Leadership Award was presented to Ashley Traczek, a member of the graduating class who demonstrated outstanding leadership ability as defined by the faculty.
The graduates of the Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing
Class of 2018:
*Stephen Tate Behrens - Port Clinton, Ohio
Cayla Marie Bess - New London, Ohio
Kristen Mary Buder - Sandusky, Ohio
Brooke Elizabeth Butler - Sandusky, Ohio
Nicole Marie Doller - Sandusky, Ohio
Malyssa Manuela Dunn - Sandusky, Ohio
Jolene Renee Felder - Bellevue, Ohio
Taylor Maureen Ferrell - Sandusky, Ohio
Brooke Louise Green - Vermilion, Ohio
Cody Oscar Hipp - Norwalk, Ohio
Courtney Kathryn Jones - Castalia, Ohio
Courtney Lynn Kirk - Willard, Ohio
Ashley Marie Kraft - Norwalk, Ohio
Kimberlee Marie Lipstraw - Sandusky, Ohio
Joshua Peter Lukas - Bellevue, Ohio
Michelle Lynn McLaughlin - Sandusky, Ohio
Rokya Toure Miller - Sandusky, Ohio
Jacob Paul Mitnik - Berlin Heights, Ohio
Hayley Kathleen Myers - Monroeville, Ohio
Joshua Paul Phillips - Attica, Ohio
Becca A. Romell - Sandusky, Ohio
Ashley Renee Traczek - Sandusky, Ohio
Chelsea Rachelle Williams - Sandusky, Ohio
Morgan Amelia Yun - Sandusky, Ohio
*Recipient Ruth Tankersley Regular Scholarship
Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing has provided nursing education for over 100 years, graduating over 1,845 students. Firelands Regional Medical Center is nationally recognized for its exceptional care.
Learn more about the programs offered by the Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing today.