Firelands Medical Education Celebrates Graduation
(June 17, 2020 – Sandusky, Ohio) On May 27, 2020, eight physicians were recognized during the 38th graduation ceremony for Firelands Regional Medical Center’s medical education program. Eric Mast, DO, director of the family medicine residency, recognized the following graduates:
- Cameron Conard, DO, who will be working at Tyndall Air Force Base in Panama City, Florida.
- Mark Lanuza, DO, who will be joining Family Health Centers of San Diego in San Diego, California.
- Valerie Nemeth, DO, who will be joining Mercy Health Vermilion Primary Care in Vermilion, Ohio.
- Annalyse Quintero, MD, who will be will be joining Summit View Clinic in Puyallup, Washington.
Kris Lindbloom, DO, director of the transitional year residency program, recognized the following graduates:
- Terry Bujnak, DO, who will continue his residency training in Orthopedic Surgery at University Hospitals in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Justin Leasure, MD, who will continue his residency training in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Taylor Mallicoat, DO, who will continue her residency training in Radiology at West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia.
- Samir Sharrak, DO, who will continue his residency training in Orthopedic Surgery at York Hospital in York, Pennsylvania.
After receiving their awards and certificates, graduates presented awards to area physicians who were instrumental in providing instruction and guidance during their education. Dr. Andrei Popescu was recognized as the family medicine residency preceptor of the year. Dr. Fredric Itzkowitz was recognized as the transitional year residency preceptor of the year.