Firelands Medical Education Celebrates Graduation
(Sandusky, Ohio) The Sandusky Yacht Club served as the backdrop as 9 physicians were recognized during the 39th graduation ceremony for Firelands Regional Medical Center’s medical education program.
On May 27, Dr. Eric Mast, director of the family medicine residency, recognized the following graduates:
- Kevin Carnahan, D.O. will be joining Firelands Health Physician Group’s Primary Care Office on Campbell Street in Sandusky, Ohio
- Marie Gerow, M.D. will be joining Mercy Outpatient Primary Care in Austintown, Ohio (near Youngstown)
- Emily Lanzola, D.O. will be joining Mercy Health – Oak Point Primary and Specialty Care in Lorain, Ohio
- Ramiz Momin, M.D. will be joining Mercy Health – West Park Clinic in Toledo, Ohio
Kristopher Lindbloom, DO, director of the transitional year residency, recognized the following graduates:
- Tyler Bender, D.O. will continue his residency training in Emergency Medicine at Aultman Hospital in Akron, Ohio
- Derrek Schartz, M.D. will continue his residency training in Diagnostic Radiology at the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY
- Anuj Shah, D.O. will continue his residency training in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan in Detroit, Michigan
- Emily Young, M.D. will continue her residency training in Diagnostic Radiology at the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY
James Preston, D.O., director of the hospice and palliative medicine fellowship, recognized the following graduate:
- Ashley Burkholder, D.O. will be joining Seasons Hospice in Detroit Michigan.
Jeremy Normington-Slay, CEO of Firelands Health, provided welcoming comments to the graduates and those in attendance. After receiving their awards and certificates, graduates presented awards to area physicians who were instrumental in providing instruction and guidance during their education. Dr. Martin Lesnak was recognized as the family medicine residency preceptor of the year. Dr. Sherif Zaky was recognized as the transitional year residency preceptor of the year.
Special recognition was made to Dr. Preston, who retired last month, for his life-long commitment to his patients in Sandusky, Ohio.