Firelands Returns to Pre-COVID-19 Visitation Guidelines
(Sandusky, Ohio) As area COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations have continued to decline, Firelands Regional Medical Center has returned to pre-COVID-19 visitation guidelines with the exception of ongoing safety restrictions for COVID-19 positive patients. Up to this point, visitation restrictions had been in place since early on in the pandemic.
New visitor guidelines are as follows:
- General visitation is from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Pediatrics visitation is from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., with open visitation for parents, designated persons, grandparents, and siblings
- Center for Women & Newborns visitation is from 1 to 8:30 p.m. Sibling visits by children under the age of 13 years are permitted by prior arrangements only.
- Inpatient psychiatric unit visitation is from 2 to 3 p.m. and from 6 to 8:30 p.m. No children under 13 years of age may visit without prior permission.
- Inpatient physical rehabilitation visitation is from noon to 8:30 p.m. Arrangements for family instructional conferences and guest support at times other than those listed should be made through the rehabilitation social worker.
- Critical care units visiting times are flexible and can be individualized to meet the needs of the patient and family. Guidelines to follow when visiting a patient on a critical care unit:
- Immediate family or as designated
- Two guests at one time
- Keep visits brief (10-15 minutes)
- Check at nurse’s station prior to entering patient’s room
- Do not wake a sleeping patient
- Guests must be a minimum of 14 years of age. Special consideration may be given to younger children with arrangements made through the charge nurse.
- There will continue to be restrictions in place for individuals visiting COVID-19 positive inpatients: two visitors permitted for one brief (up to 15 minutes) visit between the hours of 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. each day. Visitation for end-of-life support, critical decisions, extraordinary needs, or change in condition will be coordinated by the clinical team.
Patients may be experiencing illness that requires safety precautions such as masks and gowns. Instructions are available in the patient room or can be discussed with the nursing team. Visitors entering the facility will be required to mask. Surgical masks will be provided. Visitors may be screened for symptoms of illness as they enter the facility. Visitors with signs and symptoms of illness are asked to not visit. Visitors or support persons may accompany emergency room, outpatient, off campus locations, and outpatient surgery patients. Clinical teams in those areas will provide guidance relative to visitation parameters.