Mini-Pumpkin Tarts: Must Have Diabetic Friendly Recipes For Your Holiday Meal
Nothing says Thanksgiving like a deliciously creamy pumpkin flavored dessert. However, if you are preparing a holiday meal for a family member with diabetes, you might be struggling finding an alternative recipes. This Mini-Pumpkin Tart is sure to be a hit for the whole family!
8 oz light cream cheese (softened)
30 Mini-Nilla wafer cookies
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line mini-muffin pan with paper baking cups and place one Nilla wafer in the bottom of each cup.
- In medium bowl, add remaining ingredients and mix with an electric mixture until smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup with pumpkin-cream cheese mixture.
- Place muffin pan in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until done. Serve cool.
There are many options to help people with diabetes manage their diets outside of the holidays. The Diabetes Education Classes at Firelands Center for Coordinated Care include a one-on-one with a nurse, a one-on-one with a dietitian and then four group classes. The group classes cover topics including; nutrition, different medications, testing blood sugar and disease prevention for diabetic patients.
Find more recipes like this at the Diabetes Food Hub website.