A message from our CEO
To our community,
The recent world events have been unusual to say the least. I’m writing to you simply to say – Firelands Regional Health System is here for you. Now more than ever, Firelands continues to be big enough to care for you, but also, small enough to care about you.
COVID-19 has driven us to think creatively about our processes in order to keep you safe whenever you enter any of our locations for care. Here are but a few parameters we’ve put in place to keep you and our associates safe:
- We are collecting temperatures at our entrances and limiting visitation in order to reduce the risk of spreading infection
- We have updated procedures in our emergency room, operating rooms, and public spaces in order to keep them clean and safe so that you do not have to delay necessary care
- All of our associates are wearing masks, not only to keep you safe, but also to keep themselves and their families safe
- Environmental Services is disinfecting high-touch surfaces often and we have installed additional sanitization dispensers throughout our facilities
- Associates continue to clean their hands and equipment regularly, maintaining physical distancing whenever possible, and stay home if they are feeling ill
These are only a few examples of the measures we are taking to keep you and your family safe. Above all, we want you to know that our facilities are a safe place for you to receive care. I encourage you to come to us in your emergency situations. Reach out to your family doctor to keep up with regular check-ups. Your health and well being are important, so please do not delay necessary healthcare.
Firelands Regional Health System is here for you. We are in this together.
-Jeremy Normington-Slay, Chief Executive Officer