Home Health services
Patients recovering from an illness or coping with a chronic health problem are apt to feel more at ease and recover more quickly in the familiar surroundings of home. Questions about recovery, rehabilitation or care often arise along with the need for a helping hand and words of encouragement.
To help with the transition from the hospital environment to the comfort of your own home, Firelands Regional Medical Center offers home health services.
What can Home Health provide?
Firelands home health services is a comprehensive program offering services such as skilled nursing; physical, speech and occupational therapy; social work services; home care aide services; case management services; and IV therapy. Recognizing the value of recovering at home, our staff encourages and works with your family or those close to you to participate in the home health care plan specifically developed for you.
Firelands home health services can also assist with:
- Patient and family education
- Wound care, including wound VACS
- Ostomies, tubes and drains
- Diabetes and medication education
- Diet therapy instruction
- Assistance and care following surgery
- Prosthetic and orthopedic rehabilitation
- Regulation of hypertension
- Care for patients with heart problems
- Assistance and instruction in activities of daily living, including bathing, eating and grooming
- Medication education
- Stroke therapy (CVA)
- Respiratory/pulmonary education and medication
- Transition to home from the hospital, rehabilitation facility or skilled nursing facility
Firelands home health services accept most third-party insurances and Medicare, which pays 100% of the cost for eligible participants. Firelands home health services accept patients without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, sex, age, religious creed or infectious disease.
Our mission is to provide high-quality, holistic, multidisciplinary services with the utmost professionalism and compassion for patients in their home settings.
Who can get home health services?
You are eligible for Firelands home health services if you:
- Are under a physician's care
- Require skilled services only a nurse or licensed therapist can provide
- Are homebound, possibly requiring assistive devices, the use of special transportation or the assistance of another person to leave your home
- Are a resident of Erie, Huron, Ottawa, Sandusky counties or certain parts of Cuyahoga, Crawford, Hancock Lorain, Lucas, Richland, Seneca, Wood and Wyandot counties
Our home health on-call nursing service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer any home health questions. For more information about any Firelands home health service, please call 419-557-6590 or 800-342-1177.
Emergency home response systems
If you are advanced in age, living alone or coping with medical problems but still want to live independently in your own home, Firelands offers information on emergency response systems. These services operate by an electrical home unit attached to the subscriber's telephone, which, when activated by a small button, automatically dials a 24-hour response system.
For further information, call 419-557-6590, or you may call LIFELINE directly at 800-860-4230.