Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center
Approximately 3 to 5 million Americans have wounds that won’t heal. The Firelands' wound care and hyperbaric center specializes in treating chronic or non-healing wounds, which are defined as sores or wounds that don't show significant improvement with conventional treatment.
If you suffer from a chronic or non-healing wound, the Firelands wound care and hyperbaric center will work with you and your physician to deliver:
- Advanced therapies
- An individualized, comprehensive plan of care that brings you the most appropriate and effective treatments
- Assessment, education and ongoing care by our highly skilled team of wound care specialists, including a case manager, who oversees every aspect of your case
- Thorough training for you and your family on caring for the wound at home
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Most commonly associated with the treatment of decompression sickness, hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) helps boost the body’s healing process in patients with conditions such as:
- Select problem wounds
- Diabetic wounds of the feet
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections
- Infection of the bone
- Radiation tissue damage
- Skin grafts and flaps
- Peripheral arterial insufficiency
- Thermal burns
HBOT is a treatment in which the patient breathes 100 percent oxygen inside a pressurized chamber. The treatment quickly delivers high concentrations of oxygen to the bloodstream, assists in the healing process of wounds and is effective in fighting certain types of infections. It also stimulates the growth of new blood vessels and improves circulation.
What Patients Are Saying about Our Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center
"Love the wound care center team! They worked so hard to get me an expensive antibiotic at a reasonable cost. Can talk to them about any problems."
"Staff courteous and answers questions and very complete in their instructions."
"Got a convenient appointment quickly after my first call."
To learn more about Firelands wound care and hyperbaric center or to make an appointment or a referral, call 419-557-6363. We are located at -
1200 Prospect Ave
Sandusky, Ohio 44870