Behavioral Health Careers
You have the ability to make a positive impact on the drug epidemic currently affecting Ohio. Are you ready to make a difference?
View a list of our current job openings and apply online today.
Our behavioral health team provides inpatient and outpatient mental health, alcohol and drug treatment to northern Ohioans suffering from depression, anxiety, substance abuse, eating disorders, gambling addictions and more. Mental health and behavioral problems are something any person can face – and many people do – and our team is ready to make a difference in the lives of those we need it.
Open mental health and addiction counseling careers at Firelands Regional Medical Center Counseling & Recovery Services include:
- Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner
- Therapist I (LISW/LPCC/IMFT)
- Therapist II (Behavioral Health)
Firelands Counseling & Recovery Services is the largest provider of mental health and addiction services in a seven-county area and the largest “hospital-based” program in the state of Ohio. Firelands’ 24/7/365 Crisis Hotline handled 22,038 calls in 2016 and was characterized as an “elite” provider of addiction and mental health services in its most recent accreditation visit in 2016 by the Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities.
Firelands Counseling & Recovery Services has also partnered with Erie/Ottawa Mental Health Boards, the Erie County Jail, and the Erie/Ottawa Health Departments to provide mental health professionals in each county jail. Firelands continues to expand its services in six county jails working with inmates with addiction problems and mental illness – extensive efforts are taken to engage them in treatment as they re-enter the community.
Our mental health and addiction counseling careers provide a minimum of 64 hours per week of services at two area detention homes, working directly with youth who have addiction and mental health issues. Firelands Counseling & Recovery Services has implemented peer support services through a partnership with Sandusky Artisan’s to hire recovering addicts known as Certified Peers. These individuals provide those in treatment with a mentor who has struggled with addiction and has achieved success.
Striving to Provide the Best Benefits for Employees
Having a work-life balance is important and we understand that can be a challenge at times. That's why at Firelands, you will find support to help you manage your personal life while building a career.
Benefits offered by Firelands Regional Medical Center include:
- Comprehensive Major Medical, Dental, and Vision.
Firelands employees benefit from seeking health services at Firelands Regional Medical Center, Firelands Physician Group and Firelands DME facilities. After reaching your deductible, when you seek healthcare services here, your out-of-pocket expenses are covered 100 percent. That’s right – when you choose Firelands for your healthcare and you have Firelands health insurance, your Firelands medical expenses are covered!
- Health Savings Account
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account
Life & Disability
- Employer-sponsored Term Life Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Whole Life Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Care Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Other Insurance Options
- Automobile and Home Owners Insurance
Health & Wellness
- Employee HealthCARE Clinic
- Yearly wellness challenges to promote healthy lifestyles
- On-site fitness classes including Spin classes, Yoga, and Total Body Circuit
- Free Annual Health Screening
- Free Flu Shots
- PTO bank
- Recognition of 6 National Holidays
- Bereavement Pay
- Jury Duty Pay
- 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan
- In-House/Onsite Pharmacy located at Firelands Main Campus
- Discount Guide for Local Establishments
- Shift & Weekend Differential
- Employee Assistance Program
- Success Sharing Program
- Payroll Deduction for Cafeteria, Gift Shop, and Pharmacy
- Monthly Employee Events
- Travel & Seminar Reimbursement
- Stein Scholarship opportunity for Dependents & Spouses
- Free On-Site Classes for CPR, EKG, First Aid & Medical Terminology
- On-Site CEUs Classes
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Loan Reduction Program