Behavioral Health Careers
You have the ability to make a positive impact on the drug epidemic currently affecting Ohio. Are you ready to make a difference?
View a list of our current job openings and apply online today.
Our behavioral health team provides inpatient and outpatient mental health, alcohol and drug treatment to northern Ohioans suffering from depression, anxiety, substance abuse, eating disorders, gambling addictions and more. Mental health and behavioral problems are something any person can face – and many people do – and our team is ready to make a difference in the lives of those we need it.
Open mental health and addiction counseling careers at Firelands Regional Medical Center Counseling & Recovery Services include:
- Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner
- Therapist I (LISW/LPCC/IMFT)
- Therapist II (Behavioral Health)
Firelands Counseling & Recovery Services is the largest provider of mental health and addiction services in a seven-county area and the largest “hospital-based” program in the state of Ohio. Firelands’ 24/7/365 Crisis Hotline handled 22,038 calls in 2016 and was characterized as an “elite” provider of addiction and mental health services in its most recent accreditation visit in 2016 by the Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities.
Firelands Counseling & Recovery Services has also partnered with Erie/Ottawa Mental Health Boards, the Erie County Jail, and the Erie/Ottawa Health Departments to provide mental health professionals in each county jail. Firelands continues to expand its services in six county jails working with inmates with addiction problems and mental illness – extensive efforts are taken to engage them in treatment as they re-enter the community.
Our mental health and addiction counseling careers provide a minimum of 64 hours per week of services at two area detention homes, working directly with youth who have addiction and mental health issues. Firelands Counseling & Recovery Services has implemented peer support services through a partnership with Sandusky Artisan’s to hire recovering addicts known as Certified Peers. These individuals provide those in treatment with a mentor who has struggled with addiction and has achieved success.
Benefits of an Addiction Counseling Career at Firelands
Taking care of our employees is one of our top priorities – not just while they’re working, but when they’re away from work, too. For addiction counseling jobs and behavioral health careers, we offer the following benefits:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Prescription drug program coverage
- Healthcare flexible spending account
- Dependent day care flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Retirement 403(b) Savings Plan with 3% match
- Vacation, sick time, 6 paid holidays and floating holidays
- Bereavement pay
- On-site Employee HealthCARE Clinic located at Firelands Main Campus that provides treatment of minor illnesses and injuries to all employees during work hours
- Online wellness services provided by Medical Mutual of Ohio to help employees enhance their personal health, well-being and more.
- Yearly wellness challenges to promote healthy lifestyles.
- Free Annual Health Screening
- Free Flu Shots
- Discounted Pneumonia Vaccine
- On-site Fitness Center at Firelands Main Campus & Discounts for other facilities
- Family Resources
- Privacy Rooms-at most locations that are dedicated rooms for nursing mothers
- Tuition and educational assistance
- Student loan repayment program - Firelands Regional Medical Center offers an interest-free student loan repayment program up to a maximum of $6,000 to qualified, newly hired employees accepting part-time or full-time employment as a behavioral health professional.
- Onsite retail pharmacy located at Firelands Main Campus
- Success Sharing Program
- Shift and weekend differential
- Travel and seminar reimbursement
- Free onsite classes for CPR, EKG, First Aid and Medical Terminology
- Onsite CEUs classes
View the current mental health and addiction counseling career opportunities and apply online today.