Healthcare Job Shadow Program
See if a Healthcare Career at Firelands is Right for You
View a list of our current job openings and apply online today.
Are you a high school student, college student, or individual seeking a career change? No matter your age or stage in life, deciding what you want to do for a career is a major decision that should not be made lightly. The ability to experience a day in the job before you are hired helps you determine if it’s right for you in the long run.
Job shadowing at Firelands Health allows you to gain firsthand knowledge of exciting and in-demand healthcare careers. It enables you to visit the facility and spend time observing a staff member in a department you are most interested in. This may include one or more of the below:
You may be able to shadow in an area not listed above, but please allow for additional time to coordinate if the area is not listed.
Through the job shadowing program, you will be able to observe firsthand the fast-paced, exciting healthcare positions common at Firelands. You will be able to meet with people in your areas of interest, gain insights and questions answered, and decide for yourself if you would thrive in the position and/or department, or if you should consider another.
If you are interested in participating in the job shadowing program at Firelands Health, please read the following eligibility criteria and download and complete the Job Shadow Application packet.
Job Shadow Eligibility Criteria
- Typically this experience involves an individual request to shadow a staff member up to a maximum of 8 hours in duration.
- Candidates must be 16 years of age or older; observation time is typically associated with secondary education, college program, or career track program.
- Proof of the season Flu Shot and COVID-19 vaccines are required to shadow.
- Shadowing requests include requests made by Firelands Health staff or personnel for observational experience for individuals with whom they are associated.
- Contact Marisa Cremean, HR Recruiter, for questions or to submit your Job shadow application and supporting documentation.
- Upon submission of your paperwork, you will be scheduled for your orientation and provided with an ID badge. Orientation can occur in person or virtual based on availability.
Questions? For more information, contact Human Resources at 419-557-6275.
Reviewed by Marisa Cremean, Recruiter, on April 7th, 2022