Hospital Job Shadow Program
See if a Healthcare Career at Firelands is Right for You
Are you a high school student, college student, or individual seeking a career change? No matter your age or stage in life, deciding what you want to do for a career is a major decision that should not be made lightly. The ability to experience a day in the job before you are hired helps you determine if it’s right for you in the long run.
Job shadowing at Firelands Regional Medical Center allows you to gain firsthand knowledge of exciting and in-demand healthcare careers. It enables you to visit the facility and spend time observing a staff member in a department you are most interested in. This may include one or more of the below:
You may be able to shadow in an area not listed above, but please allow for additional time to coordinate if area is not listed.
Through the job shadowing program, you will be able to observe firsthand the fast-paced, exciting healthcare positions common at Firelands. You will be able to meet with people in your areas of interest, get insights and questions answered, and decide for yourself if you would thrive in the position and/or department, or if you should consider another.
If you are interested in participating in the job shadowing program at Firelands Regional Medical Center, please read the following eligibility criteria download and completing the Job Shadow Application packed.
Job Shadow Eligibility Criteria
- Typically this experience involves an individual request to shadow a staff member up to a maximum of 8 hours in duration.
- Must be 16 years of age or older; observation time is typically associated with a secondary education, college program or career track program.
- Shadowing requests include: requests made by Firelands Regional Health System staff or personnel for observational experience for individuals with whim the are associated. If you have requested a Firelands staff member to sponsor you, they must complete the Sponsor Form located on the hospital's Intranet located under Volunteer Services Dept.
- Contact Anne McGookey, Director of Volunteers prior to or the day of your shadow experience to schedule the Healthcare In-Service video. If needed, she can provide contact information for management staff or your department of interest.
- Bring all paperwork to the video in-service; you will receive an ID badge to wear on the day of the experience.
- Wear appropriate attire (See pack for details)
Questions? For more information, contact Volunteer Services at 419-557-7460. Please attempt to contact the department of interest directly to schedule your experience. Firelands does not schedule shadow experiences with individual physicians.
To search and apply to an open job position, view our current openings.