Firelands Employee Benefits
Designed for You
As the healthcare provider of choice for physicians, their patients, volunteers, and our employees, it’s our job to improve the health of those we serve. To offer some of the best jobs in Sandusky, Ohio, we pride ourselves on putting our employees’ health and well-being at the forefront of our company culture.
We know that “compensation” is more than a paycheck and there are other factors you may be considering when searching for a new career. That’s why when we designed our benefits packages, we kept you in mind so you can make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle.
Keep in mind that some benefits are not available to all associates and some relate to eligibility requirements such as length of service and/or full-time or part-time status.
Striving to Provide the Best Benefits for Employees
Having a work-life balance is important and we understand that can be a challenge at times. That's why at Firelands, you will find support to help you manage your personal life while building a career at Firelands.
Benefits offered with Firelands Regional Medical Center include:
- “Rich” health insurance plan
Effective on the first of month following date of hire. Comprehensive Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drugs. If your spouse has the ability to obtain group health insurance through their employer, they are not eligible under this plan.
Firelands employees benefit from seeking health services at Firelands Regional Medical Center and Firelands Physician Group facilities. After reaching your deductible, when you seek healthcare services here, your out-of-pocket expenses are covered 100 percent. That’s right – when you choose Firelands for your healthcare and you have Firelands health insurance, your Firelands medical expenses are covered!
- Health Savings Account
- Prescription Drug Program Coverage
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Life & Disability
- Employer sponsored Term Life Insurance
- Employer sponsored Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Whole Life Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Care Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Other Insurance Options
- Automobile and Home Owners Insurance
Health & Wellness
- Employee HealthCARE Clinic in a convenient location on main campus with appointments Monday through Friday. Serves employees, spouses and dependents ages 13 and up. The clinic will treat many common illnesses and minor injuries. Firelands team members who participate in the Firelands health insurance plan will be subject to $10 co-pay per visit. For employees who do not participate in the health plan, services may be subject to an office visit co-pay per the plan design
- Online wellness services provided by Medical Mutual of Ohio to help employees enhance their personal health, well-being and more
- Yearly wellness challenges to promote healthy lifestyles
- On-site fitness classes including Spin classes, Yoga, Total Body Circuit, and Pound classes
- Free Annual Health Screening
- Free Flu Shots
- Discounted Pneumonia Vaccine
- Onsite Fitness Center at Firelands Main Campus & Discounts for other facilities
- Privacy Rooms-at most locations that are dedicated rooms for nursing mothers.
- Vacation Time
For hourly full-time and part-time employees, accrued vacation may be used after six months of employment. 80 hours with 2,080 paid hours, part-time is pro-rated based on paid hours. For salary full-time and part-time employees, accrued vacation may be used after six months of employment. 120 hours after one year of employment, 160 hours after five years of employment.
- Sick Time
Eligible after 90-day period, 80 hours with 2,080 paid hours, part-time is pro-rated based on paid hours.
- Floating Holiday Time
3 days with 1,920 paid hours (hourly full-time); 3 days after one year of employment (salary), part-time not eligible.
- Recognition of 6 National Holidays, part-time not eligible
- Bereavement Pay
- Jury Duty Pay
- Family Medical Leave (FMLA)
- 403(b) Savings Plan
Defined Contribution Plan, hospital will match up to 3%. Fully vested after 6 years.
- In-House/Onsite Pharmacy located at Firelands Main Campus
- Discount Guide for Local Establishments
- Shift & Weekend Differential
- Employee Assistance Program
- Success Sharing Program
- Payroll Deduction for Cafeteria, Gift Shop and Pharmacy
- Clinical Ladder for Nursing Team Members
- Monthly Employee Events
- Helping Hands Funds (designed for employees in a crisis)
- Referral Bonuses
- Travel & Seminar Reimbursement
- Stein Scholarship for Dependents & Spouses
- Free On-Site Classes for CPR, EKG, First Aid & Medical Terminology
- On-Site CEUs Classes
- Tuition Reimbursement
Courses eligible for reimbursement under this policy must be related to the employee's present position or to a position that the employee may reasonably expect to attain with the Health System.
Full-time employees: must work at least 1,501 hours within a rolling 12-month look back period; complete one year of continuous service and score at least 3.0 or higher and performing at 'meets expectations' level. Maximum of $24,000 lifetime benefit with no annual limit.
- Loan Reduction Program
This program is an interest-free student loan repayment program for qualified new-hire employees, full-time or part-time. Employees must be one of the following: Behavioral Health, Registered Nurse, Licensed Pharmacist, Licensed Speech Pathologist, Licensed Physical Therapist, Licensed Occupational Therapist, or Certified Medical Technologist. May request reimbursement of loan debt in the amount up to $1,500 after completion of one year of service. Maximum annual reimbursement is $1,500 with evaluation score of 3.0 or better and in good standing. Loan reimbursement will continue through years two through four for a total reimbursement amount of $6,000. Participants in the program must maintain active employment in a full-time or part-time status for a period of two years following loan reimbursement.
- NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program
Offers assistance to Registered Nurses and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses. Program participants will receive 60 percent of their total outstanding qualifying educational loan balance incurred while pursuing an education in nursing in exchange for a 2-year service commitment. Qualifying participants may receive an additional 25 percent of their original loan balance for a third year of service. For more information, please visit hrsa.gov/loanscholarships/repayment/nursing.
Sign on Bonuses
Firelands Regional Medical Center currently offers sign-on bonuses for designated positions throughout Firelands Regional Health System. Each of our current sign-on bonus offerings are listed.
Payout award structures vary based on position, however, are paid out in correlation with our sign-on and/or bonus policies.
$2,500 Sign-On Bonus
- Security Officer
- RN, Dialysis
- Therapist II
- Therapist III - ($1,000)
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Histologic Technician II (ASCP)
- Medical Technologist
- Therapist I (LISW/LPCC/IMFT)
- Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner
Ready to become a member of the Firelands Family and take advantage of some of the best employee benefits in the area? Browse current openings and apply online today.