Firelands Regional Medical Center is the area's largest and most comprehensive resource for quality medical care and is annually voted as one of the best places to work in the area. Resulting from the consolidation of what once were three separate hospitals serving the area, Firelands Regional Medical Center now serves as the only full-service medical center in Erie County. Firelands provides the area with a level 3 trauma center, a certified stroke center, and a long list of many medical services offered nowhere else locally. Firelands Regional Medical Center is locally managed and governed as a not-for-profit healthcare facility.
At Firelands, we recruit and retain associates, physicians, and volunteers who show exceptional attitude, commitment, and enthusiasm who ACE it every day for our patients and each other.
By the Numbers
- 405 registered beds in 2019
- 9,697 inpatients and 264,159 outpatients served in 2019
- Approximately 2,583 employees; Sandusky’s largest year-round employer
- 61,695 emergency room and urgent care visits in 2019
- 790 births in 2019
- 254 medical staff members, representing over 35 different specialties
- 85 allied health professionals
- 164,531 patient office visits provided by Firelands Physician Group in 2019
- Level 3 Trauma Center
Where Are They Now?
Interested in speaking with someone on our team? Fill out the form below and someone will reach out to you within 1-3 business days.