Admission Requirements for Applicants to the School of Nursing
- Submission of an application.
- Graduation from high school or satisfactory performance on the General Education Development Test.
- Completion of one credit hour in each of the following high school courses is required: Algebra, Biology*, and Chemistry.
- Submission of high school transcript including, if applicable, a GED test score. Applicants who have passed the GED test must have passed courses in Algebra, Chemistry, and Biology*.
- Submission of official transcripts from all other colleges and universities attended.
- Regular RN Program AND Transfer Students:
- Three Evaluation of Applicant’s Performance and Potential reference forms provided by the school will need to be submitted by individuals who know the applicant (teachers, clergy, employers, or counselors.) A relative or friend may not give a reference.
- LPN to RN Program Students:
- Evaluation of LPN reference form filled out by the employer
- Payment of $25 Application Fee
- Completion of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) unless the applicant has an earned baccalaureate degree from a nationally accredited institution
- A personal interview is required prior to enrollment.
Accepted applicants will be required to complete a drug screen and criminal background investigation.
After submitting this application, you may submit documents in one of three ways:
- Email documents to Registrar/Bursar at Ashley.Dickman@firelands.com.
- Mail to the school at Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing, 1912 Hayes Ave. Sandusky, OH 44870
- Drop off documents at the school at the address above.
*Biology is not a requirement for LPN to RN applicants.
Regular RN Program and LPN to RN program - Microsft Word format