Firelands Regional Medical Center Now Offers Firelands Virtual Care
(August 13, 2019 – Sandusky, Ohio) Firelands Regional Medical Center (Firelands) is excited to announce that they now offer care at your fingertips. With Firelands Virtual Care, you can visit a medical provider in the comfort of your home. You just need a phone, tablet or computer that has a camera and internet connection.
Simply download the Firelands Virtual Care app at the Apple or Android app store, and create an account. Virtual Care can be used for patients age 2 and up. Firelands Virtual Care can be used for a number of ailments, including colds/flu, allergies, nausea/diarrhea, earache, UTI, and more. No appointment is needed.
“By leveraging virtual care across our Health System, we can directly impact the overall value that we deliver to our community. Improving access and convenience for our patients while maintaining our tradition of delivering exceptional care ensures that we will continue to serve as the healthcare provider of choice in our region”, said Jim Spicer, vice president of operations at Firelands Regional Medical Center.
Some benefits of Firelands Virtual Care are:
1) It’s safe: Firelands Virtual Care is a private, secure, HIPAA-compliant tool that allows you to safely and confidentially meet with a medical provider. Our security and privacy program is built to the highest of standards and has passed extensive federal security audits, so you can rest assured knowing your personal medical information is in safe hands.
2) It’s convenient: Providers on Firelands Virtual Care are available seven days a week, 24 hours a day to care for you virtually.
3) It maintains your complete medical record: One of the benefits of having our own virtual care platform is the ability to communicate your visit summary information to your primary care provider. This avoids fragmentation of your medical record and allows Firelands Regional Health System to provide better care for you in coordination with your primary care provider. All patients will also receive a copy of their visit summary electronically after their visit.
4) Firelands Virtual Care can treat common minor illnesses:
Minor illnesses include allergies (seasonal), common cold, cough, diarrhea, ear ache, fever, influenza (flu), minor burns, rashes, minor skin infections, nausea/vomiting, sinus infections, sore throat, sprains and strains, sunburn, upper respiratory illness, urinary tract infections, adult yeast infections, and pink eye.
7) Firelands Virtual Care is not for emergencies: While Virtual Care can treat common conditions, it should not be a substitute for in-person care when it comes to serious or life-threatening conditions, suicidal thoughts, or substance abuse. If you are experiencing severe symptoms or have a serious medical concern, it’s important to go to the emergency room or call 911.
8) Medication can be prescribed via Virtual Care: Providers on Firelands Virtual Care can prescribe medication when they deem it medically appropriate. However, there are some restrictions.
9) Firelands Virtual Care doctors can provide medical forms: Whether you need a sick slip, or back to work/school documents, Firelands Virtual Care providers can complete these as medically appropriate.
10) Cost: Firelands Virtual Care is available with or without insurance. The cost to use the service is $54. However, if you do have health insurance, this cost could be less depending on your plan and provider.
For more information visit firelands.com/virtualcare, or download the app by searching “Firelands Virtual Care”.
Firelands Regional Medical Center is home to some of the nation’s best physicians and is one of the top-rated hospitals in the state. Firelands received Healthgrades® America’s 100 Best for Orthopedic Surgery and America’s 100 Best for Spine Surgery for 2019. Firelands is accredited in heart failure and is an American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline Gold Plus Receiving Hospital, as well as a Certified Chest Pain Center. The health system is a Verified Level III Trauma Center, a Certified Primary Stroke Center, and is the area’s only Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. Firelands Counseling and Recovery Services is one of the largest hospital based behavioral health and substance abuse programs in the state of Ohio. For more information about Firelands, visit firelands.com