Cost Estimates of Services
In order to maximize our communications with patients, and in compliance with state law, Firelands Regional Medical Center is providing this price list containing our charges for room and board, emergency department, operating room, physical therapy and other procedures. The hospital's charges are the same for all patients, but a patient's responsibility may vary, depending on payment plans negotiated with individual health insurers. Uninsured or underinsured patients should consult with our Financial Counseling staff at 419-557-7879 to determine whether they qualify for discounts. These prices are correct as of January 2020.
Description of Services
Room & Board Per Day
- Medical/surgical: $924
- Medical/surgical telemetry: $1,097
- Medical/surgical isolation: $1,316
- Medical/surgical telemetry and isolation: $1,489
- Pediatric unit: $924
- Obstetrics birthing room: $924
- Nursery: $924
- Coronary care unit: $1,991
- Psychiatric unit: $1,181
- Psychiatric unit special care: $1,311
- Physical rehabilitation unit: $924
Operating Room charges are based on the complexity level, with level 1 being the most basic, for a particular operation There is an initial 15 Min charge, as well as an additional charge for each minute while the operation is being performed. This charge includes the use of some supplies, nursing time, room time and other items to perform the surgery.
- OR time charge class 1 - Initial 15 minutes: $1,487
- OR time charge class 1 - Each additional minute: $31
- OR time charge class 2 - Initial 15 minutes: $2,233
- OR time charge class 2 - Each additional minute: $42
- OR time charge class 3 - Initial 15 minutes: $2,978
- OR time charge class 3 - Each additional minute: $56
- OR time charge class 4 - Initial 15 minutes: $3,272
- OR time charge class 4 - Each additional minute: $70
- OR time charge class 5 - Initial 15 minutes: $3,740
- OR time charge class 5 - Each additional minute: $82
- Recovery room phase 1 Level 2: $13.50 per minute
- Recovery room phase 1 Level 3: $15.50 per minute
- Recovery room phase 1 Level 4: $17.50 per minute
Physician fees for anesthesiologists as applicable are not included in these charges and will be billed separately by the Anesthesiologist.
- Anesthesia general IV/per minute: $15.50
Emergency Department charges are based on the level of emergency care provided to our patients. The levels, with level 1 representing basic emergency care, reflect the type of accommodations needed, the personnel resources, the intensity of care and the amount of time needed to provide treatment. The following charges do not include fees for drugs, supplies or additional ancillary procedures that may be required for a particular emergency treatment. Emergency Room Physician fees as applicable are not included in the these charges and will be billed separately by the Emergency Room Physician.
- Emergency room level 1: $136
- Emergency room level 2: $181
- Emergency room level 3: $305
- Emergency room level 4: $574
- Emergency room level 5: $802
- Critical care: $1,462
The following charges reflect the hospital's 30 most common laboratory procedures. Physician fees for the Pathologist as applicable are not included in the these charges and will be billed separately by the Pathologist.
- 84460 Alt transaminase (SGPT): $116.20
- 82150 Amylase, blood: $110.90
- 84450 AST SGOT: $107.10
- 80048 Basic metabolic: $245.30
- 36415 Blood drawing charge: $22.10
- 83880 BNP: $108.20
- 84520 BUN: $68.00
- 85025 CBC: $102.10
- 85027 CBC without diff: $100.60
- 82553 CKMB quantitative: $134.60
- 80053 Comp metabolic: $310.80
- 82550 CPK total: $95.40
- 82565 Creatinine blood: $68.00
- 80051 Electrolytes: $172.30
- 82947 Glucose fasting: $68.00
- 82947 Glucose random: $68.00
- 85014 Hematocrit: $49.60
- 85018 Hemoglobin: $49.60
- 83036 Hemoglobin A1C: $127.90
- 80076 Hepatic Function Panel: $199.70
- 83721 LDL (low density lipoproteins): $161.90
- 83690 Lipase: $105.80
- 80061 Lipid: $240.20
- 83735 Magnesium: $68.00
- 85610 PT (prothrombin time): $44.50
- 85730 PTT/APTT: $61.30
- 85652 Sedimentation rate: $66.70
- 87186 Sensitivity, MIC: $127.90
- 84479 T-3 uptake: $134.60
- 84436 T4, thyroxine: $137.20
- 84484 Troponin I: $90.30
- 84443 Thyroid stimulating hormone: $185.30
- 81003 Urinalysis routine (no micro): $34.20
- 87086 Urine culture: $104.40
Physician Fees for the Cardiologist as applicable are not included in these charges and will be billed separately by the Cardiologist.
- 93005 Electrocardiogram: $136
- 93325 Doppler color flow mapping: $540
- 93307 Echocardiogram (2-D/m-mode): $740
- 93320 Echocardiogram (Doppler): $540
- Cardiac rehab entrance membership per month: $40
- 93798 Cardiac rehab exercise therapy: $158
The following charges reflect the hospital's 30 most common x-ray and radiological procedures. Physician Fees for the Radiologist as applicable are not included in the these charges and will be billed separately by the Radiologist.
- 74022 Abdomen acute series: $350
- 73610 Ankle, three views: $264
- 71020 Chest, two views, P-A & L: $288
- 71010 Chest, portable one view AP: $264
- 73630 Foot, three views: $264
- 73130 Hand minimum three views: $264
- 73502 Hips 2-3 views w/w/o pelvis: $287
- 73564 Knee, four views: $296
- 74000 KUB, one view: $233
- 72110 Lumbar, routine, six views: $505
- 77067 Mammography, screen bilateral w/ CAD: $221
- 77066 Mammography, DX bilateral w/ CAD: $289
- 72170 Pelvis, one or two views: $249
- 73030 Shoulder, two or more views: $264
- 72050 Spine, cervical minimum four views: $505
- 74160 CT scan, abdomen with contrast: $1,546
- 70450 CT scan, head without contrast: $1,172
- 70470 CT scan, head with and without contrast: $1,647
- 71260 CT scan, chest with contrast: $1,546
- 72193 CT scan, pelvis with contrast: $1,549
- 70553 MRI, brain with and without contrast: $4,144
- 72148 MRI, spine lumb without contrast: $3,506
- 72141 MRI, spine cervical without contrast: $3,506
- 73721 MRI, lower extremity without contrast: $2,997
- 78815 PET, lung, SPN SB - MT: $5,261
- 93880 Carotid, duplex Dopscan bilateral: $1,063
- 76705 Gallbladder, ultrasound: $622
- 93971 Venous duplex, unilateral: $1,005
- 76645 Breast, unilateral ultrasound: $485
- 76856 Pelvic ultrasound: $662
- 78306 Bone imaging, whole body: $1,552
Physician fees for heart catheterizations as applicable are not included in these charges and will be billed separately by the physician.
- 93452 Left heart cath: $3,977
- 93459 LHC & Coronary angiography with graphs: $9,943
- 93454 Coronary angiography: $6,406
Physician fees as applicable are not included in these charges and will be billed separately by the physician.
- 94640 Aerosol treatment, initial: $108
- 82803 Arterial blood gases: $93
- 94640 IPPB initial: $123
- 94760 Pulse oximetry—single determination: $71
The following charges reflect the most common services offered by our physical therapy department. Patients may have additional charges, depending on the services performed.
- Aquatic therapy, per 15 minutes: $75
- ES unattended: $93
- ES unattended with hp or cp: $176
- Gait training, per 15 minutes: $62
- Manual therapy, per15 minutes: $77
- Neuromuscular re-education per 15 minutes: $71
- Self-care/home mgmt, per 15 minutes: $44
- Therapeutic exercise, per 15 minutes: $75
- Ultrasound, per 15 minutes: $130
- Whirlpool: $119
The following charges reflect the most common services offered by our occupational therapy department. Patients may have additional charges, depending on the services performed.
- Neuromuscular re-education, per 15 minutes: $71
- Self-care/home mgmt, per 15 minutes: $44
- Therapeutic activities, per 15 minutes: $71
- Therapeutic exercise, per 15 minutes: $75
- Therapy group: $62
Consumers can access a number of government and private websites, which provide additional information on hospitals' charges and quality. For a complete listing of available online resources, please visit the Consumer's Guide to Quality Health Care in Ohio at www.ohca.org/consumer_information.
Hospital Billing Information
The hospital's charges are the same for all patients, but a patient's responsibility may vary, depending on payment plans negotiated with individual health insurers. Firelands Regional Medical Center does not charge interest on current remaining balances with our facility. Uninsured or underinsured patients should consult with our financial counseling staff at 419-557-7879 or apply online with our online bill payment to determine whether they qualify for discounts or extended payment arrangements.
What is chargemaster?
A chargemaster is a comprehensive list of charges for each inpatient and outpatient service provided by a hospital – each test, exam, surgery or other procedures, room charges, etc.
- Given the broad scope of services provided by hospitals 24/7, a chargemaster contains thousands of services and charges.
- Health insurance companies contract with hospitals to care for their customers. Hospitals are paid the insurance company’s contract rate, which generally is significantly less than the amount listed on the chargemaster.
An individual hospital’s charges vary based on its unique range of services, adoption of new medical technologies, government underfunding, patient demographics and other local and regional factors.
The chargemaster is not a useful tool for consumers who are comparison shopping between hospitals.
- Our hospital employs financial counselors and other resources to help our patients understand their financial obligations.
- We encourage patients to reach out and ask detailed financial questions – especially before scheduled services.
- Our hospital is ready to help patients and their families understand their financial obligations at any time during the treatment process.
The information provided below is a comprehensive list of charges for each inpatient and outpatient service or item provided by Firelands Regoinal Medical Center, also known as a chargemaster. It is not a helpful tool for patients to comparison shop between hospitals or to estimate what health care services are going to cost them out of their own pocket. For more information about the cost of your care, please view the Description of Service above or contact our patient financial assistance staff.
Firelands Regional Medical Center Chargemaster
Firelands Regional Medical Center DRG Historical Charges
The information provided above in the "Hospital Billing Information" will be more useful to patients as it contains the top 100 most commonly used services in our facility.
OHA provides this text for use with the chargemaster posting.