Click here to find a detailed list of retail pricing for various services.
Shoppable Services Estimator
Hospital Billing Information
The hospital's charges are the same for all patients, but a patient's responsibility may vary, depending on payment plans negotiated with individual health insurers. Firelands Regional Medical Center does not charge interest on current remaining balances with our facility. Uninsured or underinsured patients should consult with our financial counseling staff at 419-557-7879 or apply online with our online bill payment to determine whether they qualify for discounts or extended payment arrangements.
What is chargemaster?
A chargemaster is a comprehensive list of charges for each inpatient and outpatient service provided by a hospital – each test, exam, surgery or other procedures, room charges, etc.
- Given the broad scope of services provided by hospitals 24/7, a chargemaster contains thousands of services and charges.
- Health insurance companies contract with hospitals to care for their customers. Hospitals are paid the insurance company’s contract rate, which generally is significantly less than the amount listed on the chargemaster.
An individual hospital’s charges vary based on its unique range of services, adoption of new medical technologies, government underfunding, patient demographics and other local and regional factors.
The chargemaster is not a useful tool for consumers who are comparison shopping between hospitals.
- Our hospital employs financial counselors and other resources to help our patients understand their financial obligations.
- We encourage patients to reach out and ask detailed financial questions – especially before scheduled services.
- Our hospital is ready to help patients and their families understand their financial obligations at any time during the treatment process.
The information provided below is a comprehensive list of charges for each inpatient and outpatient service or item provided by Firelands Regoinal Medical Center, also known as a chargemaster. It is not a helpful tool for patients to comparison shop between hospitals or to estimate what health care services are going to cost them out of their own pocket. For more information about the cost of your care, please view the Description of Service above or contact our patient financial assistance staff.
Firelands Regional Medical Center Price Transparency
OHA provides this text for use with the chargemaster posting.