After your stay at Firelands Regional Medical Center is complete, you will be contacted by a discharge specialist. The discharge specialist will review your discharge instructions, answer any questions or concerns, and talk with you about your recent stay at Firelands Regional Medical Center.
The discharge specialist will also assist you with:
- Understanding your discharge instructions, including home care
- Reviewing new medications including why the medication was prescribed, potential side effects and when you should take your medication
- Obtaining medications if you are unable to afford the medication or if you are waiting on prior authorizations
- Reviewing the importance of your follow-up appointments and assist with arranging transportation if needed
- Assisting with scheduling appointments at Firelands Regional Medical Center - Center for Coordinated Care, if needed
- Arranging home health care, if needed