Welcome to the Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing Financial Aid information page.
School code: 003114
Second- and Third-Year Students
Your financial aid will be processed and disbursed by the Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing financial aid office. Each January, the financial aid office will distribute financial aid packets to all second-year students during the nursing orientation meeting. These packets will include application information and the forms necessary to apply for financial aid at our school. Application information will also be available from the display area opposite the financial aid office each January for all currently enrolled students.
Three Easy Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
1. Create your FSA ID Number (and for a parent if you are a dependent)
- If you currently have a PIN number you will have to replace it with a FSA number.
- Just log in to fafsa.gov and click the link to create a FSA ID.
- Just like your PIN number you can use your FSA ID to electronically sign your Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA).
- You can also use it to electronically sign Stafford and PLUS loan applications.
2. Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- School code is 003114
- We recommend you file your FAFSA prior to March 1.
- Complete your tax returns for the year before starting your FAFSA.
(If you plan to file your tax return prior to March 30, file your FAFSA after the return is completed. However, if you plan to file your tax return after March 30 you should file the FAFSA using estimated income.)
- Just go to fafsa.gov to begin your FAFSA.
3. Submit our institutional financial aid application
- All financial aid applicants must complete this form.
- The recommended submission date is March 1, but we will accept the form at a later date.
- This application is included in the financial aid application packet, or you can download a copy of the financial aid application here.
Award Notification & Disbursement
1. View financial aid award package online
- Financial aid award packages are ready to view online each May.
- You will receive written notification of when and how to view your award package online.
2. Complete Direct Loan Application
- Complete the online Direct Loan Promissory Note (only if you receive notice from the financial aid office to do so).
- You will be notified of your Direct Loan eligibility through your online financial aid package. Do not apply for any student loans until after you review your awards.
- If you have previously received a Direct Stafford Loan from another institution you may already have an active Direct Loan Master Promissory note (MNP) on file and will not be required to complete another MPN during your enrollment at Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing. To receive a Direct Loan each year, you need only to submit your financial aid package indicating your acceptance of the loan amount.
- If you don’t have an active Direct Loan MPN on file, the financial aid office will send you instructions on how to complete the online application.
3. Awards are credited to student accounts
- All financial aid awards are automatically credited to the student accounts.
- Refunds are distributed during the second week of the semester.