Top-Rated Back, Neck & Spine Care in Sandusky
Back and neck problems make everyday life difficult. This type of pain is extremely common, and many times can be treated without the need for major surgery. Back and neck problems are often caused by compressed nerves, which may result from:
- Disk problems – disks are the rubbery cushions separating the bones of your spine, and sometimes they can press against a spinal nerve.
- Overgrowth of bone – conditions like osteoarthritis can cause bone spurs to grow, which can affect nerves in the spine.
Other common reasons for back and neck problems include:
- Injuries such as fractures (broken bones)
- Ankylosing spondylitis – a type of arthritis of the spine
- Scoliosis – a painful curvature of the spine
- And more
If you or someone you know is affected by one of these back and neck conditions, it’s time to take action.
Turn to the Firelands Spine Center Today
If you decide to take the first step in treating your back or neck problems that disrupt your daily life, you can feel confident in the expertise and services provided by Firelands Regional Medical Center.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Both non-surgical and surgical treatments for a variety of orthopedic conditions, including minimally-invasive techniques.
- Access to the region’s only team-based approach for back, neck and spine care.
- Exceptional treatment from a designated Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery by Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio. The Blue Distinction Centers for Specialty Care® program is a national designation awarded to medical facilities that have demonstrated expertise in delivering quality specialty care.
- A commitment to safety and quality, from nursing to infection prevention efforts.
- Access to our inpatient rehabilitation programs to ensure optimal recovery once your procedure is complete.
- Spine care from one of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery for five years in a row, recipient of the Healthgrades Spine Surgery Excellence Award™ for five years in a row, a Five-Star recipient for back surgery in 2017, and a Five-Star recipient for spinal fusion surgery for 12 years in a row.
- Orthopedic care from one of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery in 2017, the recipient of the Healthgrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award for two years in a row, and Five-Star recipient for hip fracture treatment for eight years in a row. See more of our awards here.
When you choose the Spine Center at Firelands, you not only choose experience, quality and care close to home, you choose to feel better. Take the step in treating your back or neck problem today.
Contact us for more information about back and neck treatment in Norwalk, Sandusky, Huron and surrounding areas.
Reviewed November 2016 by Shelly Jordan, director, PT and OT.